For decades, liposuction was the go-to treatment to permanently remove fat, but everything changed when CoolSculpting made its debut, offering the option to get rid of fat forever WITHOUT the need for surgery, needles or anesthesia. Sure, liposuction is a popular way to get rid of stubborn bulges – and it’s considered the gold standard in fat removal – but noninvasive methods are just as popular, and the MOST popular noninvasive method is CoolSculpting. In fact, CoolSculpting is so popular it goes by other names too. It’s also known as “fat freezing” and “cryolipolysis,” which we’ll learn about more below.
The bottom line is, if you have excess fat on your stomach, or embarrassing bulges at the love handles, thighs or neckline, then surgical or nonsurgical fat reduction may be on your radar. In this article we’re going to talk about Fat Freezing aka CoolSculpting. We’ll tell you all about what it is and we’ll compare it to Liposuction. Want to see how Fat Freezing stacks up? Keep reading.
Fat Freezing vs CoolSculpting: What is it?
Fat Freezing and CoolSculpting are the same thing; CoolSculpting is the official, patented name, known by people worldwide, while “Fat Freezing” is more of a nickname. CoolSculpting got this nickname because of the way it reduces fat: by zapping it with cool temperatures.
Fat Freezing and CoolSculpting are also known by another technical name, which is most often used within the medical community: cryolipolysis (we’ll talk about this more below).
The process for freezing fat is known technically as cryogenic lipolysis – which is yet another name you can add to the tally of names CoolSculpting can be called. CoolSculpting got its name and nicknames because of the process it uses to remove fat. CoolSculpting uses controlled cooling to freeze subcutaneous fat cells. The method is based on the research of two Harvard University scientists who recognized that fat cells freeze before surrounding skin and tissue. The recognition of this fact became the basis of CoolSculpting.
What is cryolipolysis?
Cryolipolysis is also known as CoolSculpting or Fat Freezing. It is a way to nonsurgically remove fat by using cool temperatures to zap fat deposits in localized spots on the body. This method works by zoning in on fat deposits and bulges that haven’t historically responded to diet and exercise. In other words, the patient may have been trying to lose fat in this particular area for a while but has been unsuccessful. Fat Freezing works well with this type of fat, which is diet and exercise resistant. This method isn’t for people who are obese or significantly overweight. A good candidate is in good overall health.
Fat Freezing vs Liposuction: How are they different?
Freezing fat is a noninvasive, nonsurgical alternative to liposuction. While liposuction requires the person to endure surgery, Fat Freezing does not require skin incisions or anaesthetic injections. In fact, this is the most glaring difference between the two. The biggest difference is that Liposuction requires injections and downtime, because, again, it IS surgery, while Fat Freezing is not surgery, but instead an outpatient procedure. Because Fat Freezing (aka CoolSculpting) is noninvasive and outpatient, it allows patients to return to their normal activities right after treatment. Other than this, the two methods are actually very similar. Both of them are safe and effective ways to permanently remove fat, as approved by the FDA. Both of them are loved and trusted by people all over the world. Both have been around for more than a decade at this point.
What are the advantages of Fat Freezing?
- It does not require a surgical incision or the hefty downtime associated with invasive fat removal methods, aka liposuction.
- It is not considered a high risk procedure, as it is NOT surgery.
- The patient does not risk infection by having this procedure done.
- This procedure is done in an outpatient setting, meaning the treatment is done right in the office (usually the office where the consultation was performed). Because the procedure is outpatient, this also means that anxiety and all of the things that hospitals and surgical procedures bring on, don’t apply!
- Another benefit of an outpatient procedure is that the patient doesn’t need to worry about an overnight stay or the necessity of being monitored by scary, beeping machines.
- Once the procedure is done, it’s done. It’s back to normal, daily life for anyone who gets Fat Freezing done.
- Also, the patient doesn’t need to be sedated or anesthetized before the procedure starts. CoolSculpting is super simple: the provider will take out the applicator and begin the procedure without drawing blood or hooking the patient up to a machine.
- Perhaps one of the best points is that more than one area on the body can be spot treated during the session. This is done with the use of a DualSculpting applicator. This is especially helpful in the case of the thighs or the arms, both sides of the body can be done at the same time with DualSculpting.
- It’s accessible to most. Many people qualify for the procedure as it can be done on people of all ages and most weights. For the most part the ideal patient should be in good overall health. Also, they should have areas of “pinchable” fat that has been resistant to diet and exercise.
- Once the fat is gone it’s gone forever. Fat that has been blasted by CoolSculpting doesn’t grow back. If the fat has been removed, that’s the end of it.
- CoolSculpting is known worldwide as a safe, effective method for the removal of fat.
- CoolSculpting is FDA approved.
Why choose CoolSculpting?
We believe CoolSculpting is the way to go and that’s because at PeakBody, CoolSculpting is all we do. We believe in the technology we provide because we’ve seen the results first hand – and not only the results of our clients; so many of our technicians and staff members have personally undergone CoolSculpting procedures. We think this fact puts us in a unique position to offer advice and insight on a treatment we know in and out.
For many of our clients, the decision to CoolSculpt is the first decision they make toward a happier, healthier and more productive them. And we hope that you decide to take the CoolSculpting journey with us. At PeakBody, we go beyond being a “good” CoolSculpting center – we are great. We are the best at what we do. Our goal is to give you the body transformation you desire while at the same time pampering you and providing you with an unparalleled experience you’ll always remember.
Call us for a consultation and we’ll walk you through the steps of creating your personalized treatment plan. Every step of the way we’ll treat you with professionalism, care and respect – and we wouldn’t have it any other way. At PeakBody, we transform lives one fat cell at a time.