Years ago liposuction was the only way to remove diet and exercise resistant fat. Anyone looking to remove fat needed to get it done surgically. Things have changed, now there are a bunch of procedures that claim to remove diet and exercise resistant fat without the use of surgery – some are minimally invasive and some are noninvasive. All of these treatments work by killing fat cells and removing them from the body.
EmSculpt is one of these body sculpting procedures. It works by removing unwanted fat and at the same time toning muscle within the treatment zone. This procedure requires several sessions in order to get desired results, whereas some body contouring treatments, like CoolSculpting, deliver results within the first couple of sessions. The desired outcome for EmSculpt patients is a slimmer and more toned appearance. In this article we’ll outline all of the Pros and Cons associated with EmSculpt.
Basics of EmSculpt
Emsculpt is an FDA-approved body contouring treatment that is nonsurgical and noninvasive. This treatment works by using HIFEM technology, which is broken down to mean high-intensity focused electromagnetic technology. HIFEM eliminates fat and builds muscle at the same time. It’s the same energy that’s used by MRI machines. It works by causing muscles to contract up to 20,000 times in a session. During the treatment, all of the muscles in the target zone are contracted, compared to only about half on average during a workout. These contractions are what cause the muscles to tone during a session.
EmSculpt differs from other body contouring treatments because it tones muscle in addition to getting rid of fat. Most body sculpting technologies focus on fat removal rather than the added benefit of muscle toning. In regard to the timeframe of an EmSculpt procedure, each session lasts about 30-minutes and delivers a 19% fat reduction, in the average patient. It may take four sessions to see the desired results from this treatment.
EmSculpt: What are the Pros?
- There are a variety of benefits that come from an Emsculpt treatment. One of the biggest benefits is that there is no downtime associated with the procedure. This is the same for CoolSculpting and any of the other noninvasive, nonsurgical methods on the market today. Some patients decide to get CoolSculpting done during their lunch break and go back to work afterwards. That’s how little the downtime is. People go back to attending regular activities and even go back to the gym to optimize the results of the body contouring process.
- Another pro (for EmSculpt and any other noninvasive body sculpting treatment) is that the sessions are short – they don’t last a long time. That’s why a lot of people elect to get treatments done during their lunch break or other discrete points of the day when they can zip off, get a treatment done, and come back to regular life as though nothing happened. The thing that’s a little tricky about EmSculpt is that it takes a few sessions to deliver results that patients want to see. Generally, EmSculpt patients see the results they want to see after four sessions. CoolSculpting kills up to 30% of targeted fat cells. Some decide to go for one session, some decide to go for an additional session. This all depends on the individual goals of the person getting the treatment done. When it comes to EmSculpt, the sessions are short and they can each be done in about half an hour. So even though it may require more individual treatments and more time at the office, all of the treatments will be done relatively quickly.
- A big benefit of EmSculpt is that it builds muscle tone. This is the way that EmSculpt differs from a lot of other body sculpting treatments. EmSculpt uses HIFEM to remove fat while at the same time, toning and building muscle in the treatment area. That’s the added benefit to EmSculpt.
- And lastly, like any noninvasive treatment, EmSculpt is an excellent alternative to liposuction. While liposuction is the gold standard in fat removal it does come with drawbacks, namely that it requires an incision and anesthesia. EmSculpt is perfect for people that want to see the results of liposuction but are willing to wait a little longer to see the results so they don’t have to deal with the pain and hassle associated with surgery.
EmSculpt: What are the Cons?
- EmSculpt can be an intense. Think about it this way: you’re simulating 20,000 muscle contractions in a targeted zone over the course of 30 minutes. Think about how long it would take you to do 20,000 contractions in real life. Essentially, the treatment is akin to doing a very, very intense gym workout. That is the feeling you get when you’re done with an EmSculpt session – you’ve just worked out, but worse. Patients report feeling sore. But like with any fat reduction treatment, these side effects are temporary and go away after a day or so.
- EmSculpt requires multiple treatment sessions. One treatment session isn’t enough to give results that are dramatic enough to look in the mirror and say, “Wow!” It takes about four sessions for patients to see the desired results.
In the end we feel the best choice between CoolSculpting and EmSculpt is CoolSculpting and that’s because we know all of the benefits you’ll get with a CoolSculpting treatment.
- CoolSculpting was developed by Harvard University researchers in 2010. It’s been around for a long time and it’s a trusted source of body contouring technology.
- CoolSculpting is the #1 treatment worldwide! That’s right, people all over the world use CoolSculpting to bust stubborn body fat.
- CoolSculpting treatments can be done in just one session. This is going to depend on the individual’s goals and what they want to see out of their treatment. Most patients decide to go for one treatment or two treatments.
Introducing Peak Body CoolSculpting
We’re PeakBody CoolSculpting and we believe in the technology we provide because we’ve seen the results first hand. We’re not just talking about the results of our clients – so many of our technicians and staff members have personally undergone CoolSculpting procedures. We think this fact puts us in a unique position to offer advice and insight on a treatment we know and love in and out.
For many of our clients, the decision to CoolSculpt is the first decision they make toward a happier, healthier and more productive them. And we hope that you decide to take the CoolSculpting journey with us. At PeakBody, we go beyond being a “good” CoolSculpting center – we are great. We are the best at what we do. Our goal is to give you the body transformation you desire while at the same time pampering you and providing you with an unparalleled experience you’ll always remember.
Call us for a consultation and we’ll walk you through the steps of creating your personalized treatment plan. Every step of the way we’ll treat you with professionalism, care and respect – and we wouldn’t have it any other way. At PeakBody, we transform lives one fat cell at a time.